My Teacher, My Hero (A Poem for Teacher)

The initiatives and successes of the Teacher's Month Campaign since 2008 were solidified when His Excellency President Benigno S. Aquino III signed Proclamation No. 242 on August 24, 2011 declaring the period from September 5 to October 5 of every year as the "National  Teacher's Month". Accordingly, the Department of Education (DepEd) will celebrate the National Teacher's Month (NTM) during the whole month of September starting on September 5, 2012 and culminating on October 5, 2012, which is the World Teacher's Day (WTD). The theme of this celebration is "My Teacher, My Hero."


As requested by my friend, I made a poem relative to this year's theme as they were required to submit a related poem as their assignment. Though I'm not that good enough in writing, I'd tried my best to make it well in honor to our noble teachers who are now considered as the new heroes of today's generation. Now, I want to share it with you my dear readers for you to be inspired. Here it is:

My Teacher, My Hero
Turtz09

With humble approach
Gently your eyes to us glaring
You bring smile to a silent,
Yet a delightful morning.

New lesson I’ve learned,
Can't paid nothing ‘til the end
For me it seems a blessing
To grasp open-handed.

Thank you, isn’t enough and certain
Your patient is worth enough sharing.
You are an inspiration, for the fulfillment of my dreams
For me, you’re the best, “My Teacher, My Hero”.